Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Drive from Cuttack to Lucknow

Cuttack to Lucknow
Total: 1350 KM


The final chapter was over in Orissa and time had come to pack the bags. It did hurt to leave that job but the pain was too much to bear. Anyway, so amongst all despair one beautiful ray of happiness was shining. And it was my second long drive after the failure of the first.
This time it was even bigger, I was driving from cuttack to lucknow. Fortunately I was taking a night halt in ranchi and dad was also with me in this journey just to support me when and if I get tired. 


Day 1: left cuttack early morning reached ranchi by lunch time. Took rest and stayed at uncles place for the night. 


Day 2: Left ranchi and continued through hazaribagh forest and ghats to catch NH2. NH2 was superb till varanasi where we had to branch out into State highway. Varanasi to lucknow was decent but only 2 lane. Reached lucknow by evening and was very happy to successfully complete this long journey. Don’t know how long will I be staying in lucknow now.






No comments:

Post a Comment